Saturday 25 January 2014

Need a therapist? call a friend

One thing I've learned in the past year is all those cheesy phrases about how 'a problem shared is a problem halved' are actually not too far off the beat. Now I'm not saying that every problem in life or people suffering from depression etc can be fixed with this advise but for the girly first world problems that we all tend to suffer with it's the best cure. 



I used to be a bottler. Somebody who was too proud to tell friends about relationship problems, family problems, money problems and even image insecurities. I used to worry that i'd be judged or seen as weak for venting about these 'silly' things. How wrong i was!!!

The best thing you can have in life is a good friend who listens and who cares. I am no ms popular but I do have a handful of really great people that have always been there for me and I learned a valuable lesson about  how opening up to them and letting them help you can make you feel stronger. 



You don't need to burden people. At the end of the day you do need to be the one to tackle your own problems but always talk to a friend. Ask for advise even if you don't always like it or take it another opinion is worthwhile. If i'm worrying and stressed about something sometimes just ranting to a good friend about it can make me feel afterwards like it's not the big deal I thought it was and takes a huge weight off my shoulders. Boys and jobs come and go and life changes but friends are the ones that you will always need to turn to. Even if you don't have a crazy social life or if you're not the most popular girl in town, count your blessings if you have at least one that's there for you! It's a great blessing to have!



What's your opinion on sharing your problems with friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment